What is your greatest weakness? Learn how to answer this tricky interview question.

By Linda Otieno


pexels.com


Having good answers in a job interview can land you a job.
In this post, let's discuss the best answer you can give to this tricky interview question:

What is your greatest weakness?

I recently went for a job interview & the thought of this question crossed my mind and the fact that a lot of people, me included, don't really know how to answer it. So, I thought it would be a great idea to talk about it when the idea is still fresh in my mind. For now, we'll briefly step away from our on-going series on personality & communication, but we'll get back to it next time. Thanks for your patience!

Sample answer 1: "Can't say no" weakness

My greatest weakness is that I sometimes find it hard to say no to people. In the past, this has resulted in me feeling slightly overwhelmed at times, simply because I have taken on too much in addition to my own tasks and projects.

I need to learn to say no when appropriate, but of course, you have my word that I will take on as much work as possible in this role. One of my strengths is that I am always open to improving and developing, so if you want me to change anything about the way that I work, tell me and I will go and sort it out.

Sample answer 2: "No experience" weakness

My greatest weakness is that I lack any type of leadership experience.

I have yet to experience situations where I need to take the lead, and whilst I feel I have the potential to do so, I need to gain experience in this area because I feel it will make me a much more rounded employee.

Of course, if I am successful today at the interview and I get to work in this role, I would very much like to learn from other people how to demonstrate leadership in different types of challenging situations.

Thoughts?

There you go!

You can use these sample answers that I found on an mazing YouTube video to ace that interview! (You can check out the video below, by the way)

I personally think these answers are great. They are honest and don't sound pretentious or like you're trying too hard to impress. I honestly will try them out the next time I'm asked this question.

What do you think of these sample answers?

Happy communicating!

Source:

Comments

Popular Posts